- ‘Social Media and the Internet’, in Macmillan Encyclopaedia of Islam and the Muslim World, Richard C. Martin (editor), (New York: Macmillan Reference, 2016)
- Entry, "Islam Online”, for the Oxford Encyclopedia of the Islamic World (editor: John L. Esposito), (Oxford University Press, 2008)
- Co-author/editor (with Lisa Bernasek). Philosophical and Religious Studies Subject Centre and the Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies. Islamic Studies provision in the UK, Report to HEFCE by the Higher Education Academy (HEFCE, 2010)
- Co-author/editor (with Lisa Bernasek). Philosophical and Religious Studies Subject Centre and the Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies. International approaches to Islamic studies in higher education, (HEFCE, 2009)
- Faith Guides series, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism (Leeds, PRS Subject Centre, 2006) (series editor)
- Editorial Board Member: Contemporary Islam: Dynamics of Muslim Life (Springer, 2006-). CyberOrient (2007-). Discourse (PRS Subject Centre, Higher Education Academy, 2000-). Perspectives (Higher Education Academy, Islamic Studies Network, 2010-)
'Using the Internet as a 'jihadi' recruitment tool', edited transcript of presentation, in: IRIS, Institut de Relations Internationales et Strategiques, IRIS, L'Europe face au terrorisme, (Paris, IRIS, 2005).
Contribution to Journals
- “Surfing the App Souq: Islamic applications for mobile devices”, CyberOrient, 2010
- "Negotiating Islam and Muslims in Cyberspace", in Concilium, 'Cyberspace Cyberethics Cybertheology' issue, 2005/1. Editors: Erik Borgman, Stephan van Erp and Hille Haker. Also in: German, Italian, French, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish editions.
- "Towards an Islamic Information Revolution?", Global Dialogue, Vol. 6, No. 1-2, 2004, 108-117
- "Studying Islam after 9-11: Reflections and Resources", PRS-LTSN Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2002, 156-164.
- "firstname.lastname@example.org: British Muslim Identities in Cyberspace", Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations, Vol. 10, No. 3, 1999, 353-362.
- "Decision-Making Processes in British Islamic Environments", Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations, Vol. 9, No. 1, 1998, 103-113.
- "Islam in Cyberspace: Islamic Studies Resources on the World Wide Web", Muslim World Book Review, Vol. 18, No. 1, 1997, 3-13.
“Gary Bunt on the 2009 Iranian presidential elections…”, University and Independent Publisher Blogs, 22 June 2009“The Net Effect of Digital Islam”, The National (United Arab Emirates), 4 April 2009
"A Technological Solution for Widening Access in PRS"
"Widening Access to Theology and Religious Studies through the Application of Internet Resources"
"Widening Access to PRS Subjects through Mind Mapping"
"Widening Access in PRS for the Visually Impaired"
"Widening Access in PRS for Deaf and Hearing-Impaired Students"
"The Special Educational Needs and Disability Act (2001): the Implications for PRS"
"Studying Islam after 9-11: Reflections and Resources"
"From Tomb Raider to Tome Reader: Computer-Mediated Learning, Mobile Learning, and Widening Access in PRS"
"Beyond the 'Syndrome': Asperger's and PRS"
"Widening Dyslexic Access in PRS"
All for Higher Education Academy Philosophical & Religious Studies Subject Centre